Kevin is the Malaysian Financial Planner of the Year Award (MFPYA) 2016.
He has a shared thought with renowned writer Robert Kiyosaki about the loophole in any education system, ie. that students are not taught about wealth management. I believe that most of the problems and stresses in life would be kicked-away if everyone has a clearer, better picture and idea on how to manage our life and wealth the right away. With this belief amplified by the real life cases he has seen in real life situation, he made it a cause for himself to make a difference in this area. This has prompted a decision to dedicate his career and free time towards this subject matter, and aspire to educate the general public on the importance of doing this very important step right, instead of letting the traditional bias blinded our sanity. Since then Kevin has never looked back but been consistently updated himself with knowledge related to life planning and wealth management, including investment, tax planning, estate planning etc.
Kevin holds a strong belief that families of all income levels should have access to professional financial planning assistance and that the financial world is too complex to shoulder alone. Kevin believes in having an integrated financial plan, that we should know what our goals are and also determine where do we stand presently, as these are the very essence factors that would affect what strategy we should undertake to pursue our goals, and eventually make it a reality.
- Holder of Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from University Putra Malaysia.
- A CFP CERT TM Professional registered with Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM).
- A Registered Financial Planner (RFP) holder registered with Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC).
- Licensed Financial Adviser Representative (FAR) by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Capital Market Services Representative License (CMSRL) by Securities Commission Malaysia.
- Licensed Financial Planner at VKA Wealth Planners Sdn. Bhd.
- Licensed Unit Trust Consultant and Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) Consultant with Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM)
- Conducted workshops for the public & corporate on the subject matter of Holistic Financial Planning.
- Invited to be speaker for Pitch N’ Win social meet up session and Smart Investor Club (SIC) on the subject area of personal financial planning.
- Regular blogger and writer on financial planning articles and postings and featured in various publications including Nanyang Siang Pau, Focus Malaysia, Money Compass, Personal Money and Shanghai Magazine on financial matters.
- Awarded the Malaysian Financial Planner of the Year Award (MFPYA) 2016 by Financial Planning Association Malaysia (FPAM).